The Italian Cookie Law has the main goal of:
- Protecting users from profiling performed without their knowledge on the basis of the online behaviour
- Allowing users to prevent the installation of cookies which are not necessary for them
The new regulations prevent website owners from installing cookies for profiling and marketing purposes on user terminals without first obtaining informed consent from them.
What are cookies?
When a site is visited for the first time, small text files (Cookies) are sent to the device's browser.
- Some (session cookies) remain only for the duration of the visit, or “session”, and are deleted when the browser is closed; these facilitate user authentication.
- Others (persistent cookies) remain stored on the user terminal even after the browser is closed, and allow sites to remember user preferences and other data for future browsing sessions.
Functional cookies are useful as they help improve navigation and allow immediate use of the service.
Many sites, however, include third-party functionality (for example modules for comments, social network icons allowing visitors to share online content, statistical analysis systems).
Third-party profiling cookies are also used to gather personal data and browsing preferences, which when combined, can define consumer profiles to be targeted with (often invasive) customised promotions.
Cookies on the ALTECH site
We do not use first-party profiling cookies and we do not collect and process data to build profiles for marketing purposes.
We use technical and session cookies which are necessary for this site to operate correctly and improve the browsing experience for visitors (in order not to display the banner with the concise cookie statement on subsequent visits, to make access to the area of the site reserved for distributors more immediate, to display the site in the required language etc.).
The third-party cookies currently used by this site are:
If you wish to disable Google Analytics, download and install the add-on for your browser (compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 8-11, Safari, Firefox and Opera).
For further information on the use of third-party cookies, see the privacy and cookie policies of the services in question, e.g. for popular social media networks:
Enabling and Disabling Cookies
To consent to the use of the cookies indicated on this page, you need only to click OK on the banner which appears when you first visit the site, or otherwise interact with the site by:
- Scrolling down the page (continuing to browse the same web page)
- Selecting any other content or link present on the site
Enabling and disabling cookies is performed in various different ways. You can modify your browser's privacy settings by selecting different levels of Cookie acceptance, blocking cookies completely, or else by choosing to receive a warning before accepting cookies from the websites you visit.
If, however, you completely disable cookies in your browser, you may not be able to use all the interactive functions of the ALTECH site, as functional cookies will also be disabled.
Guides on how to block or enable cookies for the most commonly used browsers can be found at the links below: