ALcode represents the cutting edge in label print and apply technology, and is distinguished in the field amongst its peers for its extreme robustness, great versatility, and incredible performance. ALcode is designed to integrate the various models of Sato print module with their respective high performances (Series EX), Zebra ZE500 and with other compatible models. ALcode can manage labels up to 180 mm in width (depending on the printer chosen).
The mechanics, pneumatics and electronics of every ALcode print / apply label applicator have been suitably integrated to meet the typical requirements of machines which operate in an industrial environment and therefore need to combine reliability, user-friendliness, accessibility, and interchangeability.
PRINT AND APPLY LABELING MACHINE - EXAMPLE CONFIGURATIONS
A range of devices has been engineered for label application which enables ALcode to precisely apply labels in any position, at any linear speed.
The following versions are available:
- Air-blow applicator for non-contact labeling of moving products.
- Tamp applicator for contact labeling of still products, including application to recessed areas.
- Swinging roll applicator for contact labeling of products running at high speed.
- Swinging application system, for wipe-on application onto moving products (ideal for sacks and bags, both empty or filled).
- Rotary-arm applicator for front/back and/or corner labeling of both moving and still products.
Thanks to the flexibility of ALcode labelers, ALTECH is able to develop complete systems for the identification of any package, such as cases, boxes, bundles and pallets.
The ALcode print-apply label applicator is controlled by a powerful PLC with a colour touch screen HMI. It is positioned within the main machine body, but rotatable to suit the position of the machine relative to its operation. The display allows the operator to change the application parameters, and inform the user about the machine status.
The devices which may be added to the basic configuration of the Alcode label applicator in order to solve specific problems include:
- Laser scanner for barcode checking/label presence confirmation.
- Near end of reel sensor and/or rewind full, with multicolour tower light.
- ‘Label on tamp’ confirmation sensor.
- Supplementary label bending/adaptation devices.
- A sensor to confirm the presence of compressed air.
- PLC’s from alternate manufacturers and/or with custom interface programming.
If necessary, ALTECH can supply Windows-based graphics packages for creating and managing labels, and can also develop complete systems and supply highly qualified technical service staff to solve specific labeling problems.