For label printing, ALcode can incorporate various thermal-transfer engines made by the Japanese company SATO (or compatible). These have been specifically developed for the use on automatic applicators:
- resolution 200 or 300 dpi
- print speed up to 12"/second
- printable width 4", 5", or 6".
The mechanics, pneumatics and electronics of every ALcode print/apply unit have been suitably integrated to meet the typical requirements of machines which operate in an industrial environment and therefore need to combine reliability, user-friendliness, accessibility, and interchangeability.
A range of devices has been engineered for label application which enables ALcode to precisely apply labels in any position, at any linear speed. The following versions are available:
- Air-blow applicator for non-contact labeling of moving products.
- Tamp applicator for contact labeling of still products, including application to recessed areas.
- Swinging roll applicator for contact labeling of products running at high speed.
- Swinging application system, for contact labeling of moving products.
- Rotary-arm applicator for front/back and/or corner labeling of both moving and still products.
Thanks to the flexibility of ALcode labelers, ALTECH is able to develop complete systems for the identification of any package, such as cases, boxes, bundles and pallets.
The devices which may be added to the basic configuration of the Alcode label applicator in order to solve specific problems include:
- Laser scanner to confirm label application
- Product transport and transfer systems
- Multiple labeling programs
- Near end-of-roll monitoring
- Oversized and powered unwind units.
Control Device COMPO
It is increasingly necessary when using print/apply systems to run label printing directly from the printer, rather than having to install a bulky and sometimes unreliable PC in an industrial environment.
This is now possible thanks to COMPO, a control device developed by ALTECH. This unit makes it possible to manage thermal transfer printing units directly from the packaging line. It can be used at the end of the line, interfacing naturally with one or more ALcode systems, as it allows different kinds of labels to be launched for each individual machine.
If necessary, ALTECH can supply Windows-based graphics packages for creating and managing labels, and can also develop complete systems and supply highly qualified technical service staff to solve specific labeling problems.